The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday July 26, 2006 at 09:05
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On July 25, 2006 at 22:27, Dougd said...
I am puzzled by one thing here. How does "learning"
the code differ from entering the code through
the normal entry process?

Learning records the sequence of pulses in an IR signal and then does a moderate amount of data compression so the information can be stored in less space, but still a lot more space than required by other ways of representing an IR signal. Using a learned signal transmits the recorded sequence.

When using a setup code alone or with EFC numbers, the remote starts with a very concise version of the information to be encoded in the IR signal and it has the encoding rules, so it generates the sequence of pulses from that information and rules each time a key is pressed.

or dive into JP1 programming
and do all the advanced codes myself. Where would
I get all of the advanced codes I would need -

Rob renamed the file with all those Akai code sets, so it is now easier to find. As Rob said above, Akai give him info indicating it is number 9 in that set, and gave him contradictory (and more believable) data that implies it is set 0. With JP1 it would be easy to load either code set into your 8811 as a new setup code and see whether it is the right one.

by "learning" each one of them,

That also works. Assuming there are too many to fit in the 8811's learning memory, or you have other reasons for not keeping/using them as learned signals, JP1 can decode the learned signals and give you the info to reprogram them as part of an upgrade (which we're pretty sure would match one of those two Rob already provided).

Hosting Services by ipHouse