Post 1 made on Monday July 24, 2006 at 23:55
Dougd
Long Time Member
July 2006
I purchased a OFA 8811 remote to control three devices:
AKAI PDP4273M HDTV
Scientic Atlanta Explorer 3200
Panasonic SA-HT900 Home Theater Sound System

I started with the HDTV. The Akai TV set-up code identified by OFA does not work (0030). I tried all of the Samsung TV codes and they do not work. I attempted to teach the 8811 the on/off code of the AKAI remote (no model number) that came with the HDTV. It would not learn the code.

I moved onto the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3200. It's code of 0477 worked first time. Haven't tried the Panasonic yet.

Couple of questions: Does anyone know what the correct set-up code is for the AKAI PDP4273M HDTV? The 8811 can't learn it and neither can the remote that came with the Scientific Altanta Explorer 3200 (both of these remotes made by UEI?).
Second question: When programming the set-up code for the Panasonic SA-HT900, I am confused as to what button should be applied to control it. This is a HTIB that has one remote and one box that includes a radio receiver, DVD/CD player, TV sound inputs and others. Should i allocate each of these functions to the each of the DVD, CD, REC buttons on the remote? Any help appreciated.

Dougd

Hosting Services by ipHouse