Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Saturday July 8, 2006 at 06:44
Dutch Uncle
Long Time Member
July 2006
Don't worry Bill,

Still got my hair (even the grey ones)...

Good to hear that you can select the AV inputs on your TV!

In fact, I can already tell you that you can program the Kameleon to go directly to the AV5 input with help of "discrete inputs" and you can create macros that Power Up all your devices and switch direct to the right input, however, thats the advanced stuff, we first will finish the basic setup and then I'll come back on this, OK?

Let's now setup the Denon:

Please note that "will not start" is a bit confusing for me, not sure if you mean "Power On the Denon" or "select the right input" (video2) or just "watch & hear Sky TV" and that makes it quite difficult to help.

However, I can imagine that if you just received your first universal remote and see the posts on this forum, we are confusing you even more... (sorry!)

Unlike your TV remote, I 'm not very familiar with your Denon remote (can you find a modelnumber on your Denon remote, e.g. a RC-number? If you can, please post the modelnumber), so I have to ask you which functions you press on the Denon in order to tell you how to find or program these functions on your Kameleon.

1) To switch (Power) On and Off your Denon with the Denon remote, do you have on that Denon remote:

a) a single "Power" key that allows you to Power On and Off both

b) two different keys, a "Power On" and a "Power Off" key

c) none of the above (please explain what you have to press)

BTW The Kameleon has pre programmed the "Power Off" command for Denon Surround Receivers / Home Cinema, so if you press "Power" in Audio Mode, it will probably allow you to "Power Off" your Denon, but not "Power On" or toggle Power modes. But don't worry, we can re-programm these settings :-)

2) Input selection

To select inputs like "DVD", "Tuner", "Video1", "Video2", etc, does your Denon remote has

a) a single key (probably called "Function") that allows you to toggle between the various inputs

b) for every input it's own key, e.g. "DVD", "Tuner", "Video1", "Video2"

Please let me know, thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse