The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday July 7, 2006 at 13:28
Dutch Uncle
Long Time Member
July 2006
Don't worry Bill, you will see, it will work!

At this moment you are still used to the Key labels of your original remotes and not very familiar with your new 6 in 1 remote, so in the beginning you have to understand how the Kameleon works and than you can fine tune it. After I while you will love this remote. I had the same when I bought my first OFA (in 1999 :-) ) when I later bought a new amplifier and looked at the remote of the AMP, I decided to leave that remote in the plastic seal and just use my beloved OFA, I never had the unpack the original remote!

Now let's try a few things. Please note that I need feedback in order to be able to help. It is very important to know if the setup codes do work (partially) and only need fine tuning for missing keys or if the setup went wrong and you don't get a respond at all. Let's try the Denon first:

1) Press the Audio Device Key (setup code 1460)

First try to control the Volume on the Denon. Then try the input selection. I understand you have a key called "Function" on your Denon remote. This key is also on the Kameleon, however, it has the more logical name "Input Select":

1) With the scroll key you can toggle between the "number" and the "input" screen.

2) If you select the input screen (above the numbers is written "input"), you will also find under key 9 a "Sel" key for the Input Selection.

3) Now press this key several times and see if you can select inputs on your Denon.

Then put a DVD in the Denon and start the disk. Select the "DVD" device key on your Kameleon (setup code 0634) and try several functions (e.g. "Stop", "Play", Menu"). Does it work?

- The Sky HD

Does your Thomson DSI-8515 work on SAT code 1175 or doesn't give that code any reaction? Please try Channel Up/Down, number keys, Stop, Play (use scroll button to select the PVR functions for the Sky HD) and let me know, thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse