The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday July 7, 2006 at 12:48
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On July 7, 2006 at 12:30, billbirchall said...
I have
set up the codes as suggested

Meaning TV/1651 for your Sony TV?

but apart from 'off'
and occasionally 'on' and moving channels within
TV (which I rarely use as I am on Sky) nothing
seems to respond, as it should.

Isn't On/Off a single function in that TV? If ON works at all, it's the right code. If it sometimes doesn't work, maybe the TV needs a long press for ON, or there is some other such issue.

That remote and setup code use rather complicated five digit EFC numbers for any special functions that are missing from the base setup code. The remote has enough learning memory that you might find it easier to learn missing signals from the original remote than program them by EFC number. But if you tell us the missing functions, someone can compute their EFC numbers and tell you (if it isn't in the user documentation) how to bind a function to a button by EFC number.

I believe that I do have a messy set up and maybe
Kameleon cannot deal with it.

The Kameleon can handle quite complex setups. But programming it is not obvious and probably not well documented.

Firstly the function button of the Home Cinema
remote does not seem to be available, under DVD/Tuner
Amp codes.

I don't understand what you mean.

As the sound for SkyHD comes through
the Video2 function, I cannot access this, which
is pretty fundamental.

I think I'm missing something there as well. The remote has "volume punch through" and other methods that can be used to control vol of one device while in the mode of another.

Another problem is that TV(including built in
Freeview) is on AV2 but SkyHD is on AV5. I need
to be able to move between AV's but cannot seem
to do so.

Confusing again. Are "AV2" and "AV5" inputs to the Sony TV or to what? I'm sure we can find the EFC number to switch inputs (step to next input) for the Sony. Probably even the EFC number to jump to a specific input.

Hosting Services by ipHouse