Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday March 3, 2002 at 19:05
Ken
Founding Member
July 2001
LOL Greg and Anthony,
The only arguing that goes on at the HTM forum is between the MX500 and MX1000 people (MX-500 folks seem to be winning that one). edited here> (revision): Actually, most of the arguing is between the happy MX-1000 people and the unhappy MX-1000 ones!
I think I would love the Pronto, but I insist on a 5-way pad or joystick and a few obligatory hard buttons. With that in mind it seems that only the Marantz fits the bill at over a grand, yes? I do believe that there will be one in my future though, especially if I get a mega CD/DVD changer. (Is there enough memory in those remotes to have a CD cover for a couple hundred CD's or movies with macros for each?) <---I'm probably dreaming here!
I love fooling with these cool remotes and I can afford to keep a few different ones around as long as my gal would quit falling asleep in the wee hours of the a.m., with the remote in one hand and a glass of Chardonney in the other, while watching her favorite chick flick!
In the meantime I may get an MX-500 to try while I wait and see what the 700 is going to do. I'll probably wait a bit on replacing the 1000 to see what improvements are made with the promised software enhancements.
I wonder if Daniel would consider including an immersion test in his reviews? Ha!
Ken

This message was edited by Ken on 03/03/02 19:44.09.

Hosting Services by ipHouse