Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 23, 2001 at 17:08
Tim Wasson
Historic Forum Post
I've noticed that a lot of the people on this forum don't like just home theater toys, but also computer toys, or sporting toys. Let me tell you about my toy.

My toy was (note, past tense) a beautiful 1991 Camaro Z28.

I moved out of my parents house a few months ago, and put my Camaro in storage near their house for the winter (it does unbelievably horrible on snowy roads, but mostly I just didn't want to expose her to the elements).

During this time off from Cammy (my car's name), I started really admiring Jeeps. They're cool looking cars, and good in the winter, fun in the summer. I started looking more and more seriously, and that winter beater I was driving was getting less and less appealing as Jeeps became more appealing. Eventually I had to come to a decision.

Now, this decision made complete sense to me, and still does. First, I'm 21, and Cammy was a 350 Z28. Insurance companies don't like that. Insurance would have been $270/month. With the threat of gas prices skyrocketing this summer and Cammy getting about 12 mpg, that wouldn't be cheap either. Cammy requires premium gas, to top it all off.

Plus my building doesn't have good parking, so I'd have to park it in a back alley next to a ton of drunken stupid college kids who will have no respect for her. No garage means doordings, faded paint, rust, and all these things Cammy didn't have.

Since Cammy had been in storage for a few months, I felt enough distance from her to make the jump... put her on eBay. She generated quite a bit of interest, because '91s are kind of a special edition, and the edition all 3rd generation Camaros strive to be.

Well, a guy from Ohio flew in to pick Cammy up a few weeks ago, and I used the money to buy a new Jeep. I thought the new Jeep would make me happy, but alas, it hasn't.

Cammy was like a person, but the Jeep is just a car. I'm starting to regret selling her, even though I know the guy who bought her will take good care of her. Last I heard, he had taken out all the interior to detail her, and buffed the entire car, as well as ordering new turn signal covers (I swear I was going to do that) and other minor repairs. He also owns a 1st, 2nd, and 4th generation Camaro. Cammy will compliment his collection nicely, I'm sure.

But still, as I look at a picture of her on my Windows desktop, I can't help but think I'll regret selling her when I'm older.

So what do you think? Have you guys ever had to give up one of your toys, especially a car, and later regret it? Please, help me not feel so bad for giving up my girl.

Hosting Services by ipHouse