Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 23, 2003 at 19:58
scott1598
Founding Member
May 2002
Hi,
This seemed the only appropriate place to post this.

I currently have a Sony Wega KV-27FV300. It sits upon a regular TV stand with a swivel stand directly under the TV. I have a cable box about a foot underneath the tv, separated by wood. With a game system, DVD player, VCR, and tuner system about 2 feet below the tv. Now I tell you this because I think it might have something to do with the problem I am having.

When my TV sits pretty parallel to the TV stand, meaning none of the TV hangs over the edge it is fine. But, when I use the swivel and tilt it severly so that the TV hangs over and winds up almost 65 degrees to the TV stand it produces a greenish/purplish discoloration (depending on the background) on the left corners of the TV. When I swivel so TV faces left, the discoloration appears in the bottom left corner. Facing right, it appears in top left corner.

When I turn TV back to the main viewing area the discoloration is slight, but there and I have to unplug TV and plug in again to reset and discoloration vanishes. I recall this also happening to another Sony 27 I had prior.

Does anybody know what the hell I am talking about and is there anything at all I can do?? Please help!!!
Thanks in advance to anyone with help and/or feedback.

Hosting Services by ipHouse