Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday May 1, 2004 at 18:34
King of typos
Loyal Member
June 2002
Here's one that scared me......

I was moving a couple of years ago and I just bought a pair of Mirage OM-6 floor standing speakers. Since I didn't need a moving truck I just used my car, full size if you are wondering.

Well I put both speakers in the back seat, and the BPS-400 sub in the front seat. That in itself weights about 110lbs or so. But anyways, as I was taking out the speakers from the back seat I dropped one of them on the top part of the speaker. Where it's only 4 inches thick, and 8 inches wide and 20 inches tall from the base part of the speaker. The base part of the speaker is abot 8 inches wide, 24 inches deep, and about 20 inches tall to meet the top part. Well it turns out that it did nothing to it. They still sound good even at high volume so I know that there is no hidden damage. Such as separation. It's all clothed so I couldn't see at separation unless is was actually apart. Here is a picture of the current OM-5 speaker. The only difference between mine and this is, is that mine the half way point is where the top and buttom part meet. Unlike this one where it meets a few inches above the half way point. Oh and by the way, one of these speakers weights in 60lbs. I was smart enough to take the very top part of the speaker off of it. It's just a wood piece that is about a 1/2 inche thick, but high gloss. Which it would of sratched if it fell off when I dropped it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse