The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Tuesday August 9, 2005 at 09:04
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
Damon, I did not read the review, so I cannot talk about what they said in it. I also never read any of their magazines so cannot talk about their objectiveness.

now to the heart of the matter

Who does Crestron hire to build their RF remotes?

who would they use Harmony? they don't build RF remotes. On the other hand there was a time when they only offered a Pronto based device (don't know if they still do). Would I have been justified in saying the Pronto is better then the MX-800 because "Who does Crestron hire to build their RF remotes?" that's right Philips.

Everything has its trade-offs

exactly, so maybe there is something about the 880 they like, I don't have one, but I do have other Harmony remotes and they have a good product and even though I have not bought one yet but I am planning to buy one.

I feel S & V abused their power as a respected publication and did the public an injustice with that review.

have you used both remotes? have you used any Harmony remote? If they compared it to the mx-850, and they liked the Harmony better would you be saying the same thing? You say it is a respected publication , then how do you know that what they wrote was not just in their mind. If, on the other hand, you believe they are biased in general "Are they biased? Absolutely! Why? Politics and advertising $$$." then they are not really respectable and then why get PO on this review.

I think remotes are something that cannot be compared head to head in a publication
except if it is IR power/dispersion. It is like writing the horoscope, can everyone that was born under a particular sign from a new born to a 90 year old be having the same type of day? We all have tastes, needs and wants. any comparison of two remotes where one is picked as a winner, will just look at the tastes, needs and wants of that reviewer. If you want a good review of remotes, read Daniel's reviews. I find them unbiased and that he goes into great lengths for every detail of each remote, in their strength and weaknesses, and lets you decide if X is better then Y

Hosting Services by ipHouse