Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Monday August 8, 2005 at 13:19
Control Remotes
August 2003
I think S & V is a great publication...if you are a mainstreamer who gets your electronics at the local big box chain store. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. It's a simple fact. They are great when it comes to catering to the needs of most people, who are not likely to turn to a custom installer for a system or service. Is S & V good at their niche? Yes! Are they biased? Absolutely! Why? Politics and advertising $$$.

If S & V was so interested in putting two remotes head to head, why not the MX-350 or MX-650, which compete in both price and overall specifications with the Harmony model? It seemed to me, by the tone of the article, that they were interested primarily in suppporting one of their advertisers, versus a company who manufactures some of the best low to mid-priced remotes in the world (URC). Want proof? Ok. Who does Crestron hire to build their RF remotes? That's right, URC.

Everything has its trade-offs, if you know the product. I feel S & V abused their power as a respected publication and did the public an injustice with that review.

If you want to have a legitimate comparitive assessment of two like products, get it right and know the products your comparing before jumping in with both feet...or come up out of the cold water without your trunks. ;)

Thank you,
Damon DG
Remote Programming Services for URC Remotes
http://www.PremierAVDesigns.com - 914-509-5360
Follow me on Twitter @HomeTheaterNY

Hosting Services by ipHouse