Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Friday July 29, 2005 at 20:16
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
Are you suggesting we should?

I don't think he is

I never quite understood the point of giving an example of inaction for the reason we should not act

easy because that was not what was done.

if "WMD and bad leaders" is enough to warrant an attack then logic demands that NK be also attacked. The question then becomes why isn't NK attacked and the answer is the premise "WMD and bad leaders" is enough must be wrong, and so then the question becomes what other reasons were there?

Are the jews to blame for what happened to them in WWII?

who is blaming? The question is did the war in Iraq stop terrorism? the answer is not. Did it stop Islamic terrorism? the answer is no. Could it have? the answer is no.

There have been bombings, hijackings and terrorist murders(read Israeli Olympic Weightlifters) long before Operation Iragi Freedom, so it obviously can't be there only justification for those acts.

I don't think anyone said that? But maybe an example might help. Let's say Daniel has a RC party and we all attend. Let's say you hold a grudge (and this really bothers you) and when I come and introduce myself you hate me for my position and so start screaming at me. Now let's say I get annoyed and decide to slap you a few times and tell you to shut up. What will happen? You will probably get more annoyed, hate me more and start fighting back harder, and things escalate. On the other hand if I say hey Hoop let's put this behind us, let's go to the bar I will buy you a beer. What will happen? you might think "hey maybe that anthony guy is not that bad"

One way made the situation worst the other made stuff better.

Do you really think through bombing a country you can kill all terrorists? You don't think the families of people that died in this war might feel a bit more anger and animosity? You don't think they would be more easily convinced on the "evilness" of the US no matter how dumb it is? But I guess it is as easy as convincing Americans that the war in Iraq was justified for the possibility of giving WMDs to terrorists, even though all the proof was to the contrary, not to mention that even after the fact when it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that there were no links between terrorists and Iraq or WMDs in Iraq, some people still believe that it was justified.

Hosting Services by ipHouse