Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Friday July 29, 2005 at 17:05
hoop
Long Time Member
February 2005
I don’t see us invading North Korea
with its WMD and bad leaders.

Are you suggesting we should? I never quite understood the point of giving an example of inaction for the reason we should not act. Whether or not the reasons for going into Iraq are palatable for everyone, I think one is being naive if they think we are the only reasons these people are trying to kill us. Are the jews to blame for what happened to them in WWII? Or were they used by a deranged lunatic to take over Europe? You ever stop to think why the terrorists are so adamant that Iraq's new government is unsuccesful?

There have been bombings, hijackings and terrorist murders(read Israeli Olympic Weightlifters) long before Operation Iragi Freedom, so it obviously can't be there only justification for those acts.

Why don't you ask yourself how come none of the suicide bombers are over 30? Maybe because young adults are very susceptible to religious dogma, especially uneducated, poor young adults, and the older psychos in charge of these kids are too smart to kill themselves? And before you drop an analogy on me about how we do the same things with out soldiers, I served in Bosnia for 2 tours and many of my superiors were much older than I was, and were just as suseptible to the many land mines still in that country. Just like we have lost many higher ranked and older soldiers in Iraq. We don't just send eighteen year olds to go kill themselves.

I'll get off my soapbox now.
I never drive faster than I can see, and besides that, its all in the reflexes.

Hosting Services by ipHouse