The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday July 8, 2005 at 09:02
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
pilgram: I don't really feel like getting in to this at this time, a tragic event has just happened and really anything we say now won't change the past. But suffice it to say that I think the war on Iraq was also horrendous and a lot of innocent people died because of it and it did zilch to stop terrorism. An eye for an eye is never the solution because all that can happen is in the end that everyone is blind. The terrorists might be dumb and want to take out on the world their anger and might not be able to see the difference between the people they hate and the rest of the world, but what is our excuse. If we hate terrorists then we should go after them with all we got. But deciding to blow up a country because it might have terrorists in it or because it might have WMDs in it and those WMDs might be sold to terrorism (especially a country that was watched and that had no indication of WMDs) to me was wrong and I think probably pissed off a few more people off that want revenge because their relative or friend died because of a senseless act of violence.

Again my joke was extremely badly timed and to that I apologise. But I don't apologise for my beliefs. I know (from the other thread) that you think positively of the war on Iraq, and from your comments here and there that you think that countries that did not join did so either from cowardice or interest. But let me ask you this. If it was cowardice why did all those countries join that war on Afghanistan or the first gulf war? and if it was interest why was it most countries in the world that were against it and even the countries that joined in had a large or larger proportion of people against it. Why did my country (Canada) not join? we have stood beside the US in every other war and we have no interests in Iraq?.....

Hosting Services by ipHouse