The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday August 3, 2007 at 02:23
tsvisser
Founding Member
March 2002
i really want to like mercedes... even thinking of buying a car soon (gasp, NYC dweller with a car!!!) ... but when looking at the daimler models, i just don't see too much performance. they are all overweight non-driver vehicles. despite the yutzes behind the wheel of BMW's, at least you can say that the BMW is a true driver's vehicle (with the exception of the new 6 series, another overweight veinervagon)

if i can get over the image of BMW ownership, the 3 series seems like a good car. the new 1 series might even be attractive for its compact city-friendly size and super premium performance specs. new C-class is really boring and nothing says performance except its "sport" nomenclature.

On all fronts, Audi seems to trump them all. S4 or RS4 (for the rich folk), with quattro and good performance is my driver's vote and A8L W12 seems like a better luxury automobile for the super luxo crowd too. is the jury out on the A5? performance coupe or overweight luxo sport in the footsteps of the BMW M6? I think that the Europeons would agree, Audi is the real winner here.
[Link: imdb.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse