The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 232 made on Saturday April 28, 2007 at 21:45
Tom Ciaramitaro
Loyal Member
May 2002
On April 28, 2007 at 13:25, Mr. Stanley said...
I'll confess, I don't ride a bike to work, still love
high horsepower cars, and don't plan out my driving or
errands very well & waste a lot of gas in the process
--- but to see in the news where Petrol will start running
around $4.00 a gallon this summer, I wish the world governments
could work a little harder at finding a decent substitue
for Fossil Fuels --- soon, but hell, even our own government
can't seem to work together!!!

I just got some of my Dad's mail today and an environmentalist wanted him/me to donate to the cause because Bush and Cheney are committed to wasting all the open space that remains in the entire U.S. Some place out in New Mexico (isn't that all desert?) should not be available for oil drilling because it might affect the coyotes and I don't know what else.

I like a clean environment like anyone else, but these wackos are so out of balance that we can't drill anywhere, we haven't opened a refinery in CA in 30 years because it's so environmentally impactive and expensive, so why do you think gas is $4/gal? Meanwhile we send billions of U.S. dollars to the madmen in the middle east, $70/barrel at a time, to finance their plans to fly into our buildings. Wouldn't you like to tell them to take their oil somewhere else?

I know that's a topic that is only debatable and won't lead us anywhere, but I'd like to respectfully request tree huggers to back down a little and use some common sense.

The global warming thing is another shock wave.

There's a way of effecting change that sacrifices our freedom. Since we won't easily or quickly give up our freedoms, if we can be scared out of our boots about some world shattering event that "can be averted", all we need to do to avert it is to let the people pitching the solution to take a few of your freedoms away for the good of all...

We are a free people but are losing our freedom bit by bit to government and regulations. It happens so slowly you don't notice. So another bond issue, tax hike, government regulation, etc...tightening the yoke little by little.

...And like I've said earlier --- I AM beginning to look
more clearly into the "Global Warming" issue to see if
it IS just a bunch of Granola Eating / Birkenstock Wearing
/ Greatful Dead fans who are "Spinning" a big line of
B.S.

Well keep reading and report back.

I'm sorry I droned on and rambled seriously.

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..."
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse