The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 230 made on Saturday April 28, 2007 at 17:10
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On April 28, 2007 at 15:24, Anthony said...
Mr. Stanley: the only problem with what you are saying
is that the Kyoto protocol puts limits on all the countries
not just the US. Thirld world countries do have more lee-way
but they can't do anything they want.

I think China can probably do anything they want to do. This is becoming more and more apparent today, after witnessing North Koreas missle launchings, Irans nuclear development to name a few...
Trying to enforec strict environmental standards with some countries will be an uphill battle.

On the other hand I find your point a bit silly. Your
basically saying "Why should I not just litter, someone
else might do it and for them it might be a whole bag
of garbadge that rips open and make more of a mess." Can’t
see why that excuses the mess you made today.

Well, I may have put it in arather simplistic silly way. The point that I was trying to bring up was --- if there were a few countries that became really responable about the matter, there will still be many that will just downplay, deny or ignore the problem due to their economics and inability to upset their economies by placing certain restrictions on pullution generating industries.

...The bottom line in my little twisted mind is -- Is this realisitic - expecting the world powers to all acknowledge we need to slow down the rate of which we are producing flourocarbons and toxins into the environment --- or is it futile? Do we just say aw the heck with it -- what's the use?

I know that sounds ridiculous, and IS ridiculous, but I am wondering if that just might be the way things are going... Will the world turn into a scene from a bad science fiction movie, where we are all stumbling around, poisened, thirsty and out of fuel & water & fighting weach other for basic survival, or can we start making some adjustments now that will help us to have at least a couple hundred livable years on the planet ahead of us?
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse