The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 224 made on Saturday April 28, 2007 at 13:25
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
Tom... I guess my concern is this: Let's just say for the sake of conversation... the U.S. totally reduced their pollution etc.. (according to stats we produce around 20 to 22%)...

So, we could drop that % way down...

My concern is that, at the rate of EXPLOSIVE growth with Chinas' economy and their rapid ramp-up of automobile popularity --- they may soon overtake our % in terms of pollution - as well as having a mind - boggling demand for Oil.

So even if we all started hugging trees, riding bicycles and using Solar Energy, there will always be someone else on the planet that will mess things up, unless they can see where things are headed in the long run. It must be pretty intoxicating for the Chinese to go from riding rickety - assed bicycles to owning 500 hp special edition Mustangs and BMW's - so I don't expect them to go back to their old ways soon!

I know that sounds a little fatalistic, and maybe I've consumed too much Global Warming Kool Aide, but aside form the whole global warming debate -- we all need to work together on cleaning up the atmosphere and water supplies of this planet.

I'll confess, I don't ride a bike to work, still love high horsepower cars, and don't plan out my driving or errands very well & waste a lot of gas in the process --- but to see in the news where Petrol will start running around $4.00 a gallon this summer, I wish the world governments could work a little harder at finding a decent substitue for Fossil Fuels --- soon, but hell, even our own government can't seem to work together!!!

...And like I've said earlier --- I AM beginning to look more clearly into the "Global Warming" issue to see if it IS just a bunch of Granola Eating / Birkenstock Wearing / Greatful Dead fans who are "Spinning" a big line of B.S.
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse