The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 100 made on Tuesday April 17, 2007 at 22:18
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
You know I was a die hard kool aid drinking global warming guy...

...But some of you guys are so anti global warming -- maybe I should keep an open mind and do a little more research... There are a lot of different theories swirling around out there...

One of them is "The Milankovitch Theory" whisch is an astronomical theory based upon, the cyclical irregularity of earth's rotation --- whereas every fewe hundred thousand years or so, the earths axis to the sun changes which causes major climate changes i.e. major forms of ice sheets etc.. Then, the earth's orbit or axis can change in time, causing the eath's climate to warm up considerably...

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw in New Yorker magazine years ago... These two guys were in hell, with flames all around them, and the devil was prodding them with a pitchfork --- and one guy says to the other, Yeah, but at least it's dry heat!

Anyway, I think we're all a pretty good group of guys here, and don't think it's worth guys getting all pissed off at one another... Hell, who knows... Maybe Alan is controlling the earths' climate via a Crestron panel?

It's always fun to see things "heat up" here... but hell we're all basically trying to figure out this climate change stuff the best we can... A lot of good ideas theories and debate going on here as usual!!! :>)
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse