The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 81 made on Monday April 16, 2007 at 23:07
AHEM
Select Member
January 2004
On April 16, 2007 at 09:49, Jay In Chicago said...

I love S & G as much as the next guy, but I'm not taking
lessons from them.. Great music is great music.

Who then are you taking your lessons from? Limbaugh, Hannity or one of the other right-wing radio hacks?

Where's your argument? Got another song quote or link
to follow?

My argument is, to my knowledge, none of us are global warming scientists. Therefore, I'll tend to side with those who know much more then I do, which is the majority of the scientific community. While there's a very small percentage of scientists who rebuke the warming theory, most scientists agree with it.

In fact, there's no reason for this subject to be even debatable, except that this is the US, and we must protect our corporate intrests; even if it comes at the cost of burying evidence, suppressing science, and putting humans, plants and animals at risk. After all, in a capitalistic society, we need our "trickle down". How can anyone be happy unless Shell & Proctor & Gamble are happy?

Sure you can pollute.. Sure you can clear cut, but the
earth it's much more powerful that we make ourselves out
to be.

Oh f*ck Charleton Heston and his dumb-ass, non-scientific speech. Wake up and think for yourself.

Cudos though to the Right-Wing spin machine. They've actually mobilized a fair number of ordinary folks to fight their corporate interests on a grass-roots level.

Hosting Services by ipHouse