The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 74 made on Monday June 2, 2008 at 06:17
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
What irony, it would appear that out of the three, Opera is the only browser to render all the Unicode "geometric shapes" correctly. Firefox is okay, but in some instances doesn’t get the dimensions of the character right and IE, well what a disaster. Out of the 96 shapes it (or at least my BT "badged" version of it) only recognises 15, and then, like Firefox, it doesn’t render some of the dimensions correctly.

Suffice it say that having tried #9664; and #9654; (black left and right pointing triangles – which my version of IE doesn’t recognise and Firefox incorrectly renders with slightly reduced dimensions to that of the black up and down black pointing triangles) and #9668; and #9658; (black left and right pointing pointers – which IE does recognise, but along with Firefox incorrectly renders them with the same dimensions as the black up and down pointing triangles - and though Opera does render them correctly, requires too large a font size to do so) I’ve decided to give up on left and right triangles and use simple dashes instead. All for a browser that apparently doesn’t support webdings and has only 0.7% share of the market.

Daniel, it's at times like this I realise how little I know and just how good you are. Trying to create a site like this would have driven me to the looney bin.

Hosting Services by ipHouse