Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 59 made on Thursday November 6, 2008 at 02:32
davidcasemore
January 2003
On November 5, 2008 at 20:42, GLS said...
David, QQQ seems to think that this thread is a joke or
attempt to poke fun at the Christians who come here.

No, I did not start the thread as a joke.
Nor did I start it to poke fun at any christians here.
Alas, I didn't last long.

I started it in the attempt to make at least one of you christians read what I said and then take a moment to digest the absolute absurdity of most christians when they claim that they speak for god, or that prayer "works", or that god is a republican. And I'm doing this because NOBODY ELSE WILL. This is why the thought of Sarah Palin in the White House gave me acid reflux. I would just like ONE reporter to stick a microphone in Palin's face and ask "so, what about this god thing now? Is he going to renege on that whole pipeline thing, too?"

Instead, what do I get? A bunch of long-winded, nonsensical historical "evidence" regarding some goofball who got nailed to a cross. And despite numerous warnings from QQQ ("Please tell me you are not serious having to ask him if he is serious" when I mentioned South Park [excellent episode regarding the easter bunny, by the way] as my source of papal knowledge), my own comment about "Simon Says", and some excellent commentary from Dean Roddey, the blather keeps on a-comin'.

Speaking of Dean Roddey; Dean, please continue trying to sway these folks because I don't have the patience to go on that fool's errand of trying to explain why you can't prove something doesn't exist (as it is non-falsifiable). If they only knew how many other "virgin birth", "son-of-a-deity", "resurrected holy person" fables predate the story of Jesus Christ they might rethink this whole religion thing.

But I doubt it.

What the hell century are we living in, anyway?

Oh, and don't forget to pray that your favorite sports team prevails, because god really fu
Fins: Still Slamming' His Trunk on pilgrim's Small Weenie - One Trunk at a Time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse