Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Wednesday November 5, 2008 at 21:03
Dean Roddey
May 2004
Of course the far simpler answer, and the one that Occam's Razor would definitely point towards, is that there is no God, therefore what happens has nothing to do with what he or she or it thinks or doesn't think or plans or doesn't plan, and why he or she or it didn't bother to show up until tens of thousands of years after humans existed to finally set them on the right path. Or theoretically showed up any numbers of times and pointed them down many different paths, all of which cannot be true.

If you study the history of religion it's hard to ignore the fact that its purely a human creation, which has mutated so many times as to be almost innumerable at this point. Endless schisms of people who only believed this or that part of some previous religion and started a new one. Or who took various bits of other religions and made a new one, which then become a thing until itself which later divided and mutated. It's been going on for thousands of years.

The talk of hell above is a good example. There is no hell in Judaism in the sense of the Christian hell. It was a place of judgement, and where people could reflect on their actions and get themselves back out and to heaven, not a place of eternal torture for the already condemned. The entire basis of Christianity is that it's the fulfilment of the prophecies of Judiasm, which has no hell, but then suddenly there is a hell. So how did the people who originally talked to god never get told about there being a hell?

I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, but when I see people who seem to obviously believe these stories are totally true, my desire to get to the truth of the matter impels me to bring these types of things up, despite the fact that I'll probably suffer for it. It just seems that a lot of people who believe these mythologies are true don't spend a lot of time researching them.

Last edited by Dean Roddey on November 5, 2008 21:13.
Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse