Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Wednesday November 5, 2008 at 20:42
GLS
October 2005
On the question of popes, I don't think there was a pope until there was an official organized church, which would have been sometime in the 4th century after Constantine converted to Christianity and legalized the church. Until that time, the church was illegal and more of an underground organization within the Roman Empire. I am going from memory and may not have all the facts right. Peter is traditionally called the first Pope because of his prominence in the early church, and the quote about "upon this rock" etc to the best of my knowledge.

David, QQQ seems to think that this thread is a joke or attempt to poke fun at the Christians who come here. I hope that is not true, but if it is that is cool too, because I want to thank you for starting this thread. I was upset about the election, discouraged, even angry, but when I started writing my response to you I felt that all going away. It helped me remember what I believe and why, and who ultimately is in control. I hope we don't regret the choice we have made, but I will respect our new president and the choice that our citizens and our system has made. Did God ordain this election? I think God is much more interested in how we deal with our choices and circumstances than the circumstances themselves. I'm just going to do my best to be the type of person He wants me to be.
www.GordonsLight.com
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Hosting Services by ipHouse