Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Wednesday November 5, 2008 at 16:57
GLS
October 2005
Back. If you want serious discussions and answers, fine. I you want to slam things, make fun, or talk about people burning, then I'm wasting my time. For thousands of years people have discussed the nature of evil, why things go wrong, why do bad things happen. Read "Disappointment with God" by Philip Yancey. He covers a lot of these things in an insightful way. I can't change the discussion from "to atheists" to "believers" or vice versa, especially since you are asking about "Christian" doctrine, which by the way, is about as varied and different as the day is long. Christians are still arguing about it, but as I understand the question, you figure that since Sarah Palin was praying for victory and lost, God must favor Obama. With that reasoning, then God favored Nero, since he was burning Christians to light his garden, and having them eaten to amuse the mob. Were their prayers worthless? Of course not.

QQQ, you missed the point. I wasn't covering my rear, I said that I doubted the punishment or blessing angle and went to the free will idea. For whatever reason, the country chose Obama. Whether that is a blessing or curse will be played out by Obama, the congress, Nancy Polosi, the electorate etc, etc. He has free will as well. How will he use it? Will he ask for guidance, or go with his own flawed and fallen intellect.(We are all flawed and fallen by the way). What choices will he make?

As for hell, God as shown us the correct way, like it or not. You don't have to go that way, but understand that sin separates us from God, and hell is a place with no God. Church and religion have nothing to do with it, as again, that is YOUR choice. You can believe or not. You can choose to live with and for God, or against Him, but you have to choose. When I got saved, the guy I was talking to said, "What would the world be like if it was run the way God wanted it to be run?" THAT, is what heaven will be like, because His will is not done here on earth. It is His mercy that keeps Him from destroying all the evil He sees, because He desires to redeem all those who would accept Him. The Lord says that all our righteous deeds are like filthy rags. Ever try to clean a dirty window with a dirty rag? The punishment for our sins is death my friend, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. If you think you aren't a sinner, then you call God a liar, which is a sin. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Look, Christians aren't perfect, we make lots of mistakes, walking out my faith has been the toughest thing I have ever done, I trip and fall daily. I'm sorry that someone has made you feel that God wants to burn you, because it couldn't be more wrong. He loves us all, as sent His son to pay the penalty for our wrongdoings. He was willing to be mocked, beaten, and killed so that you could have a relationship with Him.

David, I don't think God gives a hoot about our elections, HE does care about our hearts, He cares how we live, He cares about US. Who should help the poor, the govt or YOU? Is the responsibility to do good in the hands of the govt or YOU? Do you know the story of the Good Samaritan? If we ALL lived that way, would the world be a better place? In the last 100 years or so, has govt done more good or evil to people in general? I know you don't believe, but I will pray for you if you don't mind. Say no, and I won't. Remember, God believes in you, regardless.
www.GordonsLight.com
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Hosting Services by ipHouse