The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Saturday January 31, 2009 at 10:42
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
So far no one has showed actual evidence of large scale evolution taking place. That's what Darwin hypothesized. We can see small changes in a species, but that's not enough. We can see mutations, but they do not change DNA, the code that would have to change for large scale (a la Darwinian) evolution to take place. So there is no evidence like that which is needed to support his large scale hypothesis. I think evolution is a convenient way of avoiding creation and therefore avoiding God. That's only my opinion and your mileage may vary.

Creationists will tell you over and over that you have to produce transitional forms from the fossil record for evolution to be a viable process. It's not sufficient to say that a fish became a four legged creature without something in-between appearing consistently in the fossil record. You've heard the argument before, so I won't belabor it.

there is and there is

let's start with the fish [Link: tiktaalik.uchicago.edu]

second
1) DNA, shows the relation between parent and child and DNA proximity shows the changes

2)
-- a) let me ask you this, do you think that there have been many many millions of humans on this planet that died before you where even born? where is the proof? where are the dead bodies? the vast majority would have disappeared, why do you think it should be so for all the other creatures that lived on this world?
-- b) we only have partial records, we have some bones (of some creatures), but soft tissue does not tend to survive, when looking at fossils it is extremely hard to differentiate from one creature to an other, when you have a handful or two of an individual, was one shorter and the other one taller because they happened to be that way or really different species or a transition on the way of happening.
-- c) the world is an extremely large place, every day more and more and newer bones and species are fond, it would be nuts to assume that everything there is to be found is found

3) you say that you agree on evolution on the small scale, I am guessing by that you mean inheritance of traits, but how long have people been scientifically (with intent of showing/recording evolution) looking at it? Large scale fish to man takes millions of years, it does not happen in a life time. Even then in more agrarian circles there have been a lot of evidence and even to the point of new species evolving (especially in the plant world where you can mix and match much more easily).

PS
I am curious in your interpretation of fissile records and the world around us. What do you think dinosaurs are, why they are not here any more, why there are no bird or human or chimpanzee fossils dating back to the time of the dinosaurs

Hosting Services by ipHouse