Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Friday January 30, 2009 at 16:03
davidcasemore
January 2003
On January 30, 2009 at 14:11, mcn779 said...
davidcasemore - Darwin had no problem with there being
a "god". He said that he wasn't an aethist but an agnostic
- huge difference. He also said that his theories did
not disprove god but prove him. This makes it ironic when
aethist quote Darwin as a part of the proof of there being
no god.

I love all these false talking points that you so easily find on the Internet these days. The problem is, most of them are either quoted out of context, misinterpreted, or blatant fabrications.

No atheist will ever quote Darwin as "... a part of the proof of there being no god" so your bit about irony is pointless. That's because, as any educated person knows, you cannot "prove" that something doesn't exist!

All you CAN do is offer up evidence that something DOES exist, or, at the very least, has a great probability of existing. Just like you can't "prove", 100%, that there's no such thing as unicorns! However, if you are going to CLAIM that unicorns exist you better be able to come up with some type of evidence for your claim.

So far, nobody has offered any credible evidence to me that "god" exists. Until somebody does, I shall remain an unbeliever. And if you think about it, I'm not much different than anybody calling themselves christian, jew or muslim. This is because a long, long time ago mankind believed in many gods, not just one. Gods that controlled basically anything that man didn't understand. With the advent of science and reason, these gods are no longer needed, necessary, or believed in.

Except for one. That's all that separates us.

Let It Go! It's okay, really.
Fins: Still Slamming' His Trunk on pilgrim's Small Weenie - One Trunk at a Time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse