Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday March 29, 2008 at 20:35
smokinghot
August 2006
On March 29, 2008 at 18:09, OTAHD said...
It's complete IR control in the sense that it allows you
to establish IR control over every function that exists.

If it was put in that manner than I obviously wouldn't have anything to say. Unfortunately in every PS3 solution sales pitch I've read someone at one time or another claims on (which is easy) and off control. And never mentions the fine print...I'm just making an effort to help those impulse buyers out there.

Smokinghot, the thing you linked looks interesting, and
it does offer discrete control, but I'm getting the impression
that other than discrete control it offers nothing more
than the Nyko thing or dongle solution.

That's an argument I got into in the CI Lounge. It provides a very well done seamless work around for the lack of discrete power control. I don't believe it falls short in any other aspect of current PS3 control solutions. The developer uses the same mind set as everyone else in using PS2 IR code set and mapping them to the appropriate PS3 command:

4th paragraph explaining features: [Link: avsforum.com]

Only thing that bothers me about it is the type of wire used to spoof the power button. I wonder if it could be swapped out for a flat piece of ribbon wire, with a glossy black sticker running it's length to the back....that would be much cleaner.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse