Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday December 29, 2000 at 22:50
Dennis
Historic Forum Post
I think that if you are starting from scratch, choosing that perfect remote is a big deal... you want to know the best of the $200 - $400 you are about to spend. I was looking forward to getting a $200 Marantz remote... the $350 Pronto was too much (how do I explain that one to the wife?)... then I get a Handspring Visor Prism for Christmas. That opens a new door... I am going to use it as my home theater URC. Highly customizeable(sp), and new software being written (especially color now!). I think that is you have an existing Palm, using it as a URC is an option to save another $x00. I personally love the idea of my Visor as a URC, and was definetly turned on by that option before I got it. I am pretty much the only one that uses everything in the theater, so if it stays with me, noone suffers. I don't understand the negativity towards Dan K, but it is an excellent choice. There will always be ongoing arguments... this car better than that car / Chicago Cubs better than Chicago White Sox (which they are, fans are more loyal...) / etc... everyone has opinions, and that is exactly what this forum is for, right?

Happy New Year... I will be switching from ABC to NBC, etc on my new Visor Prism (which eliminates the need for a backlight... the whole damn screen is bright!)

: )
Dennis
--------------------------------
Happieness is a belt-fed weapon.

Hosting Services by ipHouse