Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday December 29, 2000 at 18:34
David B.
Historic Forum Post
I've been a Pronto owner for two years now.
I've been a Cinema7 owner for just under two years.
I just got a Handspring Visor for Christmas.

Omniremote makes a springboard module for the Visor line that includes their universal remote control software AND an enhanced IR emitter.

Omniremote is not quite as flexible as the Pronto for programming. You can find specifics in other threads here about what is different.

What omniremote CAN DO, however, is let you use your palm or related PDA as a universal remote if that is what you want to do.

You'll probably wish it had a better backlight. You'll probably wish it had better range. You'll be able to play games and schedule meetings during commercials. Of those three things, the Pronto eliminates the first two, but can't really compete with the third.

If you're really trying to save money over a Pronto, but want a good universal remote, I suggest spending $20 to $40 on a OneForAll Cinema7 or a Radio Shack 1994. They won't play games either, but both can do
an amazing job of controlling a home theater. I prefer my Cinema7 over my Pronto. My Pronto impresses quests though. My Visor is always with me, so I may get Omniremote anyway, just so I can change my own channels wherever I go. I love to see the folks at Best Buy go crazy when I bring my remote to the electronics department.

Michael... Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Flame someone, expect to get flamed back. Be nice, offer positive suggestions, and that's how the world will treat you.

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse