Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday March 23, 2002 at 20:34
JDC1956
Founding Member
March 2002
On 03/22/02 22:51.44, Rarebird said...
Have not had to much time to mess around but
I do not see a way to design your own buttons
or to load pictures as buttons, ie channel icons.
Is this possible?

OK. Do you have Version 1.2 [BETA but stable] of Omni Remote? If you do, then open the menu and click on Advanced. You will see a menu selection for "Styles". "Styles" are OR's way of importing bitmaps for all sorts of things - buttons, backgrounds, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't used the Styles function yet myself, but the documentation that comes with Version 1.2 has some instructions on creating styles via bitmaps.

Also, note that OR Desktop was designed to work with OR Version 1.1, NOT version 1.2 -- there are some things you can do in 1.2 that you can't do on OR Desktop - for example, in OR 1.2, you can have multiple lines of text on a button (there are separate entries for button name and button text in OR 1.2; in OR 1.1, you only get "button name" and one line of text). You CAN use OR desktop to do a basic button layout, but you're best advised to use OR 1.2 to tweak that.

I would urge you to visit the Pacific NeoTek message board and review all the messages relating to the Version 1.2 beta, which will give you a better idea of what this software can do.

John C.

Hosting Services by ipHouse