The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday June 21, 2002 at 23:07
willywaxer
Founding Member
January 2002
I'm glad you followed me here tony as you serve as evidence of the typical p'd-off pronto user. Actually most of the specs for the new Ipaq 3900 series are available and posted all over the web. in fact, many companies are taking pre-orders for delivery in a few weeks. Did you not know all about the new color pronto weeks in advance of its release? very common in consumer electronics. HP just plans the official launch on monday. The Nevo remote software comes from Universal Electronics and was officially launched this week....its already out. I demo'd both about a month ago at a computer and electronics show. At the time, I was unable to test the true range of the IR, though the company says it's 50 ft. Even your 35 ft pronto performs variable in different environments with different devices so it too must be "tested" in your own setup. I know a color touchscreen remote with active matrix display, thousands of colors, expandability, world's fastest/most efficient portable processor, wireless cabability and sufficient memory sounds imaginary to a pronto owner, but wake up and smell the coffee....the prontopro contains nothing but obsolete technology (512K, slow processor, old-school display, RS232, .....).

Hosting Services by ipHouse