The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday January 19, 2003 at 20:07
Robert_F
Long Time Member
May 2002
Dave, I can supply you with a relatively positive review of the 3950 with Nevo. I am a Pronto owner (now for sale on ebay Australia!). I bought the 3950 as I needed a PDA plus wanted something to play mp3's. The ipaq was the best solution that supported all my requirements. Having a Pronto I was also very interested in seeing what Nevo could do having spent literally months programming my Pronto and still not being entirely satisfied with the results, or for that matter the pathetic dull 4 colour screen. Anyway, I've found Nevo very easy to setup, sure it's not a Pronto, and many things are not confiqurable but you know what, it gets the job done! It operates all my equipment and I've found range to be fine. I use it about 5m from my equipment and have no problems though this is about the limit in my situation. My wife also finds it much simpler to use, though I prefer her to use the standard remote since she dropped and broke the first touchscreen remote I had! Finally that 3950 screen, yes it is as bright and georgeous as everyone says, it is a revelation compared to any Pronto.
I look forward to the new release of Nevo promised first quarter 2003 and hope that some of the negative issues raised in the past will be resolved,however for me the ipaq Nevo combination is a winner. Cheers.

Hosting Services by ipHouse