The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday January 19, 2003 at 15:46
Dave Houston
RF Expert
October 2001
I expect a new release of PDAwin in a few days. PDAwin tells me they have solved the software problem for the 39xx and think they'll be able to also support the PDA-ir extender on later iPAQs, as well.

It wasn't a lack of effort on their part. They just could not find the necessary documentation. Someone was able to put them in touch with some engineers at Compaq and they got the information they had lacked. That was Friday. On Saturday, they informed me they had a fix and plan a release for later this week.

I expect further developments on this front over the next few weeks.

The amount of money collected by PDAwin is far, far, far less than that individual surmised. Most of the Handango downloads are for the trial version. PDAwin collects nothing for those. Plus, Handango gets a cut of those that are sales.

Finally, both EDV and PDAwin web pages have made it clear that PDA-ir was only supported on certain iPAQs. The 39xx was not on the supported list. So, I find your "relatively useless" remark to be unfair to both EDV and PDAwin. Both are part-time businesses doing their best to make their customers happy. Neither are large corporations with large staffs. Now, if you want to argue that the Nevo hardware and software is "relatively useless", I won't quibble. ;-) Truth is, I've never seen the 39xx w/Nevo but neither have I seen many favorable comments on it.

This message was edited by Dave Houston on 01/19/03 15:54.

Hosting Services by ipHouse