Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday July 26, 2003 at 20:09
Torre
Lurking Member
June 2003
Jordan,
Thank you for your post as it really has shed some light.
As for running a side business, I am also experienced here. I work a “regular” job and also have my own company, which sells erosion control fabrics. I simply purchase the fabric and ship it to my customers when an order is placed. One of the services that I provide is doing a site take-off and drawing the take-off on C.A.D. Some orders can take 40 hrs. worth of work to generate and my customers probably would not be interested if I explained to them that it is taking me a really long time because I have a “real” job too. Or worse, if I never responded to them at all. I’ll admit that I am usually relieved when I do not have orders coming through my fax machine or web page. If I ever get to the point where I could not even provide my customers with common courtesy (like returning messages), I would no doubt close-down my side business and stop soliciting sales.
If he truly is that busy, then he ought to have these things made for him rather than building them himself or shut down his business.
Again, it is frustrating, because the only reason I bought my Axim is to use it as a remote control. It is nothing but a paperweight to me now. I’ll probably sell it to my coworker and buy the Pronto.

Hosting Services by ipHouse