The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday July 26, 2003 at 02:00
JordanW
Long Time Member
July 2002
While I agree that it is not "fair" for you guys to not get any answers from Electronic Dog Ventures (EDV) regarding your orders and/or the hold up, I still would vouch for the PDA-ir. You have to think about one thing....there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that a company could make a living just by selling this little PDA-ir unit. Dane Houston (owner of EDV) is a lawyer, and I'm sure he is just very consumed in his "real job" at the moment. Providing PDA-ir cards is just a side-job for him, and he is just doing it to benefit the PDA remote community. I want you all to honestly tell me that there have not been times in your careers (especially in the law field) that you have not been so consumed in your job (both locally and travelling) that you did not have any spare time to spend on your "hobbies"??

Again, I am not saying that it is "right" for EDV to not respond to e-mails, but they probably have not even been read yet.....even though it has been a long time since you sent them. I still appreciate that Dane and others associated with EDV provide the PDA community with such a great product....in their SPARE time. It would be great, in my opinion, if Dane could possibly sell the patent to a company that would be able to concentrate on the production/distribution of this product.....but that is a choice that he has to make on his own in the future.

The reason I am able to say all of this is because EDV does not charge your credit cards until the product has shipped. Therefore, there is never a guarantee that it will ship at a specified date up front. If your card was actually charged up front, then it would be a completely different story.

I have been trying this weekend to get in touch with someone regarding this issue. If I hear anything back, I will let everyone know ASAP.

Jordan M. Wigley
Aximsite.com Moderator
[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse