Pass:

Original thread:
Post 155 made on Friday August 6, 2004 at 13:12
Don Stratton
Long Time Member
December 2002
On 08/06/04 01:02, GUI_QA_guy said...
Don,
at least you responded which is better than nothing.
=)

Everyone remember that while we are all waiting for the new version to come out! ;)

I looked at the post on turning you IPOD into
a remote. Is there anyway you...

or anyone else out there...

Can send me the "working" default "Sony DVD" wav
files, per function, generated in this way.

We did not write that article, we did not provide any assistance to the author, and had no idea about it until our servers began feeling the "slashdot effect". While it is basically the same thing as we demo'ed at a Macworld over 2 years ago, we abandoned the idea of doing a remote control on an iPod mostly due to the inelegant interface of forcing users to play "songs" that correspond to IR commands, and the incredible size of the files involved (about 2 GIGABYTES for our standard IR code database, which is LESS than 16 KILOBYTES on the Pocket PC).

We do not have our database in the form of audio files, nor is there any practical application for Total Remote that might cause us to do so. We are working, very very slowly, to make some desktop software that will allow a person to browse through our IR database, select the devices and functions you want, and have it render audio files. With any luck you may also be able to scrape codes off CCFs, and cue up macro functions to write out one long audio control file (handy for turning on ALL your gear, adjusting the volume and changing the channel to 153 from ONE song file). This will likely be for Macs first, and then Windows shortly thereafter. NO RELEASE DATE CAN BE DEFINED AT THIS TIME. Stay tuned, I will certainly announce it here when it happens.

--Don

Hosting Services by ipHouse