The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday October 24, 2005 at 05:40
sandman77
Lurking Member
October 2005
I have been using PDAWin’s TV remote for about 18 months now and have been fairly happy with the software (I used to use a Pronto TS1000). I had the usual complaints about repeat presses on the soft key buttons and the configuration of the hard keys on my Dell Axim X3 not being too clever. I have tried out Total Remote but found this to be a complete pile of turd. I had given up looking for software and resigned myself to the fact that the software from PDAWin is as good as it is going to get. That was until I came across Netremote IR from promixis (www.promixis.com). This software is was better than any of the rest and since installing it on my Axim I have stopped wanting a colour pronto. It uses the ccf files we are all used to creating but even better than that if you use Tonto to create your ccf you can use a custom template without the standard pronto device and macro buttons at the top. This means you can fill the entire screen area of your pda with your own ccf layout. Start a new ccf project in Tonto using the new-custom ccf command and choose 320*240 as the size.
I am telling you this software is great. Repeat button presses work flawlessly and you map the hard buttons yourself. You can download a trial version from their website. I recommend you all do so asap.

Hosting Services by ipHouse