The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Tuesday May 2, 2000 at 18:14
Greg Brown
Historic Forum Post
DJ,

I am not sure; but, I do not think that the RTI will know what type of sensor it has plugged into it. The sensors we use all have a stereo mini jack that plugs into another module. All of the sensors are reporting the same information to the module (i.e. if it is on or off.)

The module does not care what type of sensor is plugged into it. RTI may have a specific port for their sensors. Until I have one I am just guessing.

In the program you will probably just say you have a sensor and what state it should be in. Example: In your System On button you could say ( If sensor 1 off ) this would tell it to issue the on command again if it senses the unit not coming on.

Just from experience with all of the sensors, I would have to say that we use them as a last resort. If you have discrete codes use them. They are still the most reliable. If you have discrete codes and a RF remote like the RTI, it should be just about as good as at can get.

Dell,

You are correct about the low voltage sensors. They measure both AC and DC from 3-28 volts. The lower the voltage the harder it is to determine the state.

This is why you should use the ( AC Detector Probe or the Led Probe ). Just from experience, we found these two to work the best.

Good Luck,

Hosting Services by ipHouse