Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday July 27, 2000 at 22:35
Wayne
Historic Forum Post
Gee...just a simple thankyou for the lastest infomation would be nice, and if your going to quote me the library is the best thing about the software. It's a funny thing about eight dealers in my immediate are are having the same issues that I'm having, I'm obviously the most vocal. We have high hopes that distance issues, both ir and rf and be enhanced, better learning modules, enhancements to software, etc. can come about thru forums like this.This company used to manufacture Lexicon 500t and 700t products. Some of the best remotes in the business, comparing this new product to the old is at best a mixed bag. The new T2 is capable of more control than the Lexicon was designed for. A lot of us have spec'd this product into alot of jobs. Unfortunatly we are experiencing alot of problems in the field with this remote. RTI will be the first to tell you that they have sold about 1000 remotes so far, well alot are still on shelves and only a few are in the hands of system integrators let alone complete with the rf module that was just released. Just to let you know the rf module was designed for niles infrared emmitters and that the use of the industry standard Xantec emmitters has a problem that RTI is now supplying "o" rings to put on the ends of the Xantec emmitters so they seat better.When they upgraded to the new software version the "dropped a bit" to quote mitch from rti and as a result when in a macro that contains rf and infrared strings nothing would work. This wasted about 3 hours of our time trying to figure out what was wrong. When Mitch at RTI was contacted he confirmed there was problem and that he would e-mail us a "patch". We have not tried out the new version for that scenario yet. Stay tuned.

Hosting Services by ipHouse