The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday August 25, 2004 at 11:33
gwilly
Founding Member
September 2001
The new remote does not come with software or way to learn ir codes. I had download the software from RTI after obtaining a dealer password and id from them. I sent them an e-mail with my business name and address etc., and I got it in a few days. I have been dealing direct for repairs and initially was buying direct until distribution was in place. I do like the new policy which actually is in the manual about only selling remote to system integrators, I do have customers who would love to buy around me to save a couple bucks, forgetting about many years of programming expertise.

The IR PRO Kit comes with a learner and two USB cables, one for connecting to IR learner and RP-6, the other to connect to remote. Some say the remote cable is the same as the Pronto 7000 cable, but I don't know. It was a bummer to have to spend between 300 and 500 dollars for the cables and learner.

The charging noise comes from the wall wart part. The new design has a removable ac cord connected to the flat rectangular transformer( similar to LCD TV style but smaller). My wife says she can't hear it but I know one of my customers will.

The global keys funtion is ok, however I like to set all pages to have volume and just take it off of those that I don't ( pages for Zone 2, 3 on a multi room receiver) and when you take it off those pages it takes them off of all. Minor issue.

Hope this helps....gary
Some people are so used to special treatment--that equal treatment is considered discrimination..Thomas Sowell

Hosting Services by ipHouse