The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Tuesday July 17, 2007 at 04:43
Spillage
Founding Member
January 2002
ssfx, how you doing? Thanks for the complement.

No one here actually seems to grasp the idea I am trying to explain.

I am well aware that some products come with a dealer attached. Some products need to have a dealer attached because of the complexity. However there is no reason why a consumer should be denied the option to opt our of dealer assistance until they need it. In the context of the RTI remotes. He can choose at POS to say I'll do it myself. Dealer says no problem but if you kill it I will bill for a reset and/or programming. It's so simple it's painful.

flcusat, I implied the remote alone. I am fully aware of what the RTI's will do with peripherals.

I have always lived in the UK. Your CI industry is vastly superior to ours in numbers and complexity. As a Manager I could see the benefits of simply selling a product and/or following the client round with all my services. Both have a place in the business today. I believe in giving the customer the option. The customer can always pay me later to pick up the pieces, and are happy to do so if you've explained the protocols at POS.

Anyway I like the T2-C and can see myself obtaining one for my own use. One way or another I will find one and programme it myself.

Hosting Services by ipHouse