Long Time Member
June 2007
Thats the way my RK1-8's work. all buttons are cream,
Active sources are blue. Vol +/- goes red when pressed,
back to cream when released.

You need to create a new page for each source button,
then change it's properties to be whatever normal color
you want it to be when active.

I did it like yours where I set the Normal Color to Cream and I set the active color to Orange on all of the pages. For each of the pages, that I want to be the active button, I set the color to blue. When the button is orange, you know that it is processing a command and when it turns and stays blue you know its done.

Now, I noticed that if you are on the page for the active button, that is blue, and you press one of the other source buttons, the original buttons stays blue at the same time the other button you just pressed is orange. At the end of the macro the only button that is blue is the new source button. This was easily fixed by setting the backlight command to cream for the active source button on the page prior to executing the macro for the new source button that is pressed.

However, this is where I can see the need for an enhancement. Instead of just having the ability under the Backlighting Macro Command to choose a particular color, there should also be options to choose the "Page Normal" or "Page Active" color. This way if you want to modify the color scheme, you don't have to go through manually and individually change the Backlight color for each button for each of the other sources on all of the pages to match the new "Normal" state of the button color. This would be a huge time saver and eliminate any frustration when changing the deafult colors.

Hosting Services by ipHouse