The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday August 29, 2007 at 04:44
fluid-druid
June 2005
I'll add the following reoccurring issues:

1. Not reliably "mating" with the charger. Have a VERY high end client out of town. Just put 3 of these in the house, and one is completely DEAD Battery after a few days, because of the base not connecting properly.

2. "rigid" buttons. I have had 2 or 3 of the T2Cs with a button that WILL work, but requires an extra firm push. As if the button has seized.

I'm a big supporter of RTI...and I think selling these remotes based on their power and performance is EASY at the price....
However, for the price ($999+ in Canada) the build quality MUST be top-notch.
The T2+ remotes which were only a little less, have been VERY reliable for us overall. We have had way fewer issues with those remotes.

Plus, they don't have the ball bearing tilt sensor.... which again, makes the remote feel cheap to several of my "money no object" clients.

I'd venture that most of us here who are selling these remotes would have no problem selling them for 200.00 more if it meant getting the build quality up.

However, my cell phone is a pretty powerful device, has an LCD, has a "transmitter", memory, buttons etc... and has been through the "ringer" of abuse....but it still feels solid..... and its ALOT less than 999.00
...couple a thumb tacks and a stick of double sided tape should hold this baby up...

Hosting Services by ipHouse