The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 12, 2007 at 02:41
tgrugett
Select Member
August 2004
I have my first RK1 on the bench and I dig it so far. The light colors open up new avenues for keypad programming for sure.

Here is one thing I do not get... You can set a different color than the page default color for any or all buttons on a page as part of a standalone macro. The odd thing to me is this... after the completion of the macro the button that was pushed returns to the default color but any other button that changed as a result of the macro will not return to the original color unless directed to do so.

Right now I am just playing with ideas but here is the scenario.

RK1-8... 6 source pages each with its own distinctive color (iPod, CD, Sirius, Tuner, Cable Music, DVD Audio). each page consists of Power (input source selection and/or zone power on), Source (source page advance), Pause, Play, Skip+, Skip-, Volume Up, Volume Down.

When I press the "Source" button the source page advances to another color. From any source page a single press of "Power" initiates power/input and a press and hold of 2 sec. powers off.

When I power on I have the power button back light alternate green-white several times to indicate powering up and I would like the button to stay green, however, it always returns to the page default color. Alternately, when I power off, I have all the buttons alternate red-white several times after which the power button returns to default color and the rest of the buttons stay red unless, of course, I set them back again.

Seems odd? One would think you could set the power button to stay on any color as a result of an action.

One dissapointing thing I have noticed is that the color representation has quite a bit of variation from button to button. Some of the lighter colors (yellow, cream, pink etc...) are unusable... esp. yellow.

Hosting Services by ipHouse