The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday December 20, 2007 at 12:46
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
On December 20, 2007 at 03:05, Jim SFL said...
I couldn't agree more...what about something as simple
as an iTouch...too small?

Just to clarify, I haven't done this yet

- but it SHOULD work through the same wireless. The T4
does have a lag time for the netstreams control - I know
this sounds silly, but it seems to go away after 30 seconds...almost
as if it hasn't downloaded the whole page yet...should
take so long but it does.

First off, just about every room has a touchlynx in wall touchscreen for control. The customer wants, and thus we want to deliver, a touch panel that they can walk around with and have the the ability to control the Netstreams system as well as view the cameras.

I know I can view the cameras from within the netstreams system. However, as Springs had mentioned, I am looking to get the full motion video that you get when you login on th web browser and use the active X control. I assume this is what you get with the Panny camera object on the T4.

The issue also with Netstreams is that it may take 30 seconds for the load time and then be fine but....Once you leave the browser session to then do something else, in this case, view the cameras, and then go back to the browser for Netstreams you have to start all over and have that delay. Plus you then have to drill down to where you might have left off. Would be nice if the tablet could keep the session active, in the background and then allow you to go back to it.

It is these reasons as well and the lack of the need for remote control over other components that I thought that there might be a better tablet device to use in this case.

Hosting Services by ipHouse