The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 19, 2007 at 12:41
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
We initially spec'd a T4 for control over the Netstreams system as well as viewing the 4 outdoor Panny cameras.

At first I thought that the customer would use this for remote control in their TV room but it will not be used for remote control of any other system components. so the device is spec'd in and customer has said OK to the cost but.....

Is there a better alternative? Basicaly I'm sure the T4 is overkill. For this purpose.

Besides the T4:

I know I can use basically any wireless touch computer/tablet, etc that can do flash for the netstreams system. I can also then pull up Panny cameras on the browser. The thing about this is I beilieve you need to enter the username and password and download the damn active x control each time when using the browser. I'm sure there is a better way and like I said this is my first time using cameras.

I have read posts that have mentioned that the cameras are easy on the T4. Don't know what viewing is like. Is the video full motion or just the Jpeg clips every second or two? On the browser you get full motion audio and video so that's pretty cool. In addition, I know that there are issues with the Netstreams system over the T4 based on the forum responses as well as far as speed.

That is why I am curious if there is a byetter tablet type alternative that the customer can walk around with, for these two functions that is will be faster and more reliable that the T4 or is the T4 the best bet.

Hosting Services by ipHouse