Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday March 4, 2008 at 06:40
Springs
May 2002
Serious question here. Have you guys noticed any extra latency between using an XP-8 vs an RP-6?

I have a whole house system I am building on the XP-8 and may have to switch it back to RP-6s.

Things to check...
1. Serial ramping of volume. I have always needed a .1 delay between repeats, on the RP-6, or I get a rocket effect. On the XP-8 I have removed the delay between repeats and it still seems slower then the RP6 with delays.

2. IR commands in a macro. If I have a channel macro I have always needed some delay between commands. In the software by design you have a .3 built in to it. On the RP6 I can often cut the delay down to .1 and still have things work. But on the XP-8 I took it to nothing and it still works.

3. General response time between a button press and a responce from a device. It seems there is a .3 delay or longer between when my cohorts are pressing a button and getting a response. Using a DVR is painfull... FF then when you see what you want you hit play and another almost second goes by before the DVR will return to play.

AppleTV seems to have slowed too.

I need some feed back ASAP as I am about to repopulate one XP-8 to 2 or 3 PR-6s.

Thanks guys...

Hosting Services by ipHouse