Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday July 24, 2008 at 00:49
Groovit
Long Time Member
February 2008
So. here was the skinny...

There were a few checksum mistakes that I corrected, however, the real issue was our engineering department and my lack of Russound experience.

After pulling my hair out trying to find why this was not working AND why the UNO keypads were not functioning correctly.

Our techs put together the system to spec, however, the spec detailed Tuner 1 connected to Input 2 on the CAV. I had first run drawing that showed it configured correctly but an updated set of plans showed changes to the input/output configuration. This, of course, caused issues with the Russound keypads.

My interpretation of the 232 protocol led me to belive that if If Tuner 1 was assigned to Input 2 on the CAV, I needed to issue source 2 codes and the tuner assignment/translation would be handled in the CAV setup. Well... not the way it is... obvious probably to you Russound guys out there.

I caught the problem when I accidentally bumped the tuner select button on the Tuner itself and noticed Tuner 2 responding to the commands and not Tuner 1. Needless to say it was a quick deduction and I tore into the rack to change the configuration, learned my lesson quick and asked engineering if they had ever read a Russound manual :).

Hosting Services by ipHouse