Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Sunday February 25, 2001 at 15:34
Bryan Acevedo
Historic Forum Post
SCRRUN.SLL is the scripting runtime dll that has several features that programmers can use. The most common is File System Objects (FSO) that allows the programmer to access the file system and do file manipulation without a lot of coding. This DLL was released with IIS (Internet Information Server) which is Microsofts version of a web server. Active Server Pages (ASP) programmers routinely use this dll on their web sites. The most common way you get this file is with an IE install, or perhaps the Windows Scripting Host (what you are referring to KevinL). I am not sure if adding the scripting through the control panel would add or remove this dll, as it is used by a lot more than just windows scripting. But you never know with Microsoft.

GregoriousM - may I suggest that you let Home Theater Master know to include the scrrun.dll in their deployment package? As I said earlier - this DLL is assumed to be on the users system - but may not always be there (especially if they don't use IE).

Home Theater Master can give me an MX-1000 for my efforts - I wouldn't complain at all about that! The amount of hours I spent and my normal hourly rate would be about right! :)

I am just glad that I could be of help to you all.

Bryan

Hosting Services by ipHouse